This week has been a roller coaster. I am sorry for not writing a good group email last week. I will try to summarize this week.
1. I had to teach the third hour class at church without notice which was really fun. I taught about the importance of scripture study and it went really well.
2. I get super sick with stomach pains and headaches and it was super rough. We had to go to the doctor and now I am on a special diet until my stomach stops freaking out.
3. I turned 19! Feels weird being older, but great at the same time. The sisters from my ward bought me a cake and I bought myself a mate (look it up if you don´t know what it is) and some incense sticks. Personal study with mate and incense is the best
4. We made cookies with my ward mission leader Hermano Miranda and we discussed life. He lives on the 16 floor of his apartment building and so after we talked about the investigators that we teach, we ate cookies looking at the sunset. A great meeting if you ask me.
5. We did pendones with the sisters from our ward. Pendones is when we put a sign in a crowded area and contact the people that are walking around. I was able to talk to a guy named Enrique that is Catholic and I talked to him about the purpose of life and why we have problems. It feels great to be able to help other people understand things.
6. I completed 11 months of being a missionary! Seems crazy right? Time is flying by. I am almost halfway done and I feel like I started this morning. I love the changes that I have been able to see in myself. Now that I speak better Spanish and now how to teach people better than I did before, I get frustrated when they don´t want to make changes in their lives, but everyone has the power to make their own desicions. I have also been able to develop a lot of paciencia and a love for reading the scriptures that I never had before.
To put it really short, this week was super happy. I get discouraged and frustrated sometimes, but I know that God loves me with all my heart. I will never be perfect, but I can try my best to be Christlike and if I make mistakes I have the atonement tfo Jesus Christ o get me back on the right track. It makes me feel comforted to know where I came from, what I need to do here on earth to be happy, and what the outcomes of my choices will be after this life. Everyone that reads this, I know God loves you too. Let Him know it. Say a prayer of thankfullness everyday and especially when you are feeling sad. The more of ourselves we give to Him, the more He manifests Himself to us in our lives.
BE HAPPY! SMILE! SERVE SOMEONE IN NEED!
I love you guys more than you know